Women make a significant contribution to Canadian agriculture and other male dominated industries, but it requires special skills to be a leader in an industry. Agriculture and many other industries are rich with successful women. We want to connect those successful women with others.
We believe opportunities for women in agriculture and many other male dominated industries have never been better! To help women capitalize on these opportunities, Iris Meck Communications Inc. (IMCI) has created a conference where women can listen learn, network and grow their skills to make a better life for themselves.
Our goal is to bring together over 600 participants and 10+ powerful speakers from across Canada and parts of the US to discuss, share and collaborate on women's opportunities in the following five areas:
- Leadership development - Effective leadership is a choice to be made by you. Leaders become great because of their ability to be effective, inspiring and dynamic with personal strengths and people skills.
- Finances – All about effective money management tactics, from investing to budgeting, for building and using wealth for greater success.
- Career – How to create successful building blocks for your career through goal-setting, networking and leadership skill development.
- Community – Tapping into the potential of collaborative and supportive relationships with mentors, coaches, partners and family members, and how to make them part of your success in business.
- Communication – How to express your ideas to different audiences and different generations for optimal impact with communication skills that help you lead, inspire and motivate others.
If you are not familiar with Iris Meck Communications, we have a long history of managing conferences like this one. Information on our many successful events can be viewed on our website IMCIevents.ca.
Who should attend?
Advancing Women is created for every woman who wants to achieve success in her career, family, community, financial independence and relationships in and outside the workplace. Whether you are a producer, own your own business, work in the ag sector, are looking for your dream job or wanting to hone your overall skills, this conference is for you. AWC is a one of a kind event. Register today. Be inspired for tomorrow.
Keynote leading speakers will make presentations that focus on the following areas:
- Leadership development - Effective leadership is a choice to be made by you. Leaders become great because of their ability to be effective, inspiring and dynamic with personal strengths and people skills. What is your leadership potential?
- Finances – All about effective money management tactics, from investing to budgeting, for building and using wealth for greater success. Do you want to achieve financial independence?
- Career – How to create successful building blocks for your career through goal-setting, education and leadership skill development. Are you ready for a change? Are you networking to your best capability? Keys to effective networking and self-promotion. What does the workforce look for from you?
- Community – Tapping into the potential of collaborative and supportive relationships with mentors, coaches, partners and family members, and how to make them part of your success in business. Where do you find a mentor? How do you choose one?
- Communication – How to express your ideas for optimal impact with different audiences and generations, communication skills that help you lead, inspire and motivate others.
- Health – Are you balancing your life and putting your priorities in the right bucket? Are you managing your stress? Are you eating right?
For more information on an upcoming conference in your area, select Advancing Women - 2016 East or Advancing Women - 2016 West from the menu in the bar at the top of the page and read more. Or contact us at email@example.com or phone 403-686-8407
How would you or your organization like to participate?
There are two ways to be involved with Advancing Women:
- Attend the conference as a delegate and we encourage you to invite your network of friends and associates to attend. Ask about our group rates. If you are a student contact us for possible bursary programming.
- Participate as a sponsor and reap the rewards. We are seeking corporate sponsors who believe in the importance of fostering great women leaders in agriculture and related industries, and who want to help make this conference sustainable and a great success.
Sponsorship funding would go towards:
- a high-quality venue with adequate space and hotel accommodations nearby
- event organizers, staff and infrastructure to plan and run the event and ensure its success
- promotional materials and advertising to publicize the conference prior to the event, and conference handouts at the event
- food and beverage service throughout the conference
- honorariums for 10 to 12 conference speakers and presenters, two to three of whom would be keynote speakers with significant speaker fees and expenses.
The benefits of sponsorship for your organization include:
- you and/or your organization would be seen as a positive collaborator and an important supporter of women leaders in agriculture.
- the conference will give you the opportunity to connect with women through:
- high-profile brand awareness in the marketing materials prior to the event (direct mail, electronic media, social media, advertising and website) and at the two-day event
- opportunities for branding on materials for distribution to event participants
- Inclusion in media coverage at the event, and more!
If a profit is realized after the conference concludes, the funds will be used for future workshops, conferences and forums, or endowments for women's agriculture events, or a scholarship fund to address future education and training needs.
If you wish to be involved with the development of this exciting conference, or can give financial support – or your time – please don't hesitate to contact us at 403-686-8407 or at firstname.lastname@example.org